Our Line Management course is suitable for newly appointed line managers and those with experience who want to improve their effectiveness. It is specifically designed to help delegates understand and engage with what a line manager is supposed to do.
Through demonstration and practice using tools and techniques, delegates gain confidence in their ability to manage others.
Participants establish a focus on the behavioural skills demanded by the role and invite self-assessment and reflection on individual capability, along with building a ‘learning set’ of people prepared to go on the journey together.
- Look at the Line Management Role
- Getting from Managed to Managing
- Unspoken Management Responsibilities
- Increasing your Confidence
- The Process of Change
- Dealing with Emotions
- Motivating and Inspiring Others
- Managing Poor Performance
- Giving Essential Feedback
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Effective Delegation
- Managing Conflict
- Feeding Upward to Your Own Manager
- Establishing Clear Boundaries
- Setting and Achieving Goals
Moving into the role of managing and motivating people can be a daunting one. This training provides team leaders and new managers with some invaluable techniques for getting the best out of their team members. By the end of the session they will be able to:
- Explain their role and responsibilities as a team leader
- Provide clear and engaging direction to their team members
- Give feedback to team members on their performance
- Demonstrate their skills in coaching team members to motivate and enhance performance
- Delegate tasks to team members in an engaging and supportive manner
This First Line Leaders training gets your staff up to speed fast, so that they become as effective as possible as quickly as possible.
It covers communication skills and team leadership, as well as introducing practical delegation techniques to help boost productivity.