Tony Wright is a management development specialist of some 25 years experience. Coming from a strong commercial background in engineering and subsequently retail management, he has designed and delivered programmes for all levels of leadership and management in all business sectors on four continents.
Tony is passionate about helping leaders translate leadership theory into practical, pragmatic actions. He has written and developed ideas and concepts in the field of leadership e.g. The Leadership Action Checklist as well as several other products in the field of Leadership Development. He is a qualified Executive Coach with considerable experience in both 1:1 and Team Coaching.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Leadership Skills
- 1:1 Executive Coaching
- Top Team Development
- Coaching Skills
- Virtual and Blended learning
- Managing Change
- Facilitation Skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Management Skills
- Association For Coaching - Level 5 certificate
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator licensed user
- Belbin Team Roles Inventory Masterclass
- Verax Organisational Transitions accredited user
- Transactional Analysis 101 qualified
- Member of the Association For Coaching
Recent Key Projects
For Acorn :
- Carillion UK: Coached several director level leaders over prolonged periods.
- Carillion UK: Ran a series of leadership development workshops for the top 40 leaders in the business
- Carillion MENA: Design and delivery of several senior leadership development programmes in Dubai
- Verry Construction: Consultancy on Leadership issues within the business
- Kent Messenger Group: Consulting on culture change and developing executive and senior team focus and capability. Development of operation area teams and senior leadership coaching
- Trilogy Communications: Business consulting role developing the capability of the executive team to align with the strategic needs of the business
For other Clients:
- Laing Construction – Delivery of management development programmes over several years
- Costain Construction - Delivery of management development programmes over several years
- Continental (Automotive Engineering): Designed and manualised a Values Based Leadership programme which was cascaded down through out the business. This was run for the main Board and the divisional boards, with a train the trainer input for L&D which enabled them to deliver it to senior managers, who then helped line managers deliver it to the whole workforce.
- Continental (Automotive Engineering): Delivery of quick and pragmatic mission, vision and strategy setting workshop to a business unit management team.
- Major German Automotive Engineering client (NDA in place) – Designed and delivered a 3-module (Germany, Shanghai and Detroit) global senior leadership programme. This is being rolled out to 250 leaders over a 4 year period.